WebProtectMe™ Safe Browser is the best way to protect your family from offensive, dangerous and self-harm content on the Internet.
This guide will help you get up and running on your iOS device.
Safe Browser Set Up
(If you already have Safe Browser installed, please skip ahead to Setting Up Device Restrictions.)
- Find Safe Browser on the App Store by opening webprotect.me/iosapp on your iOS device.
- Launch Safe Browser from your applications:
- Sign in with your WebProtectMe account (use the parent's administrative user if you have more than one user on your account). If you don't yet have a WebProtectMe account, please enter the parent's e-mail address and tap Try it Free to create one.
- (optional) If you have different filtering settings for different people in your family, please choose the user that will primarily use this device.
- You're ready to go! Just type a search or the address of a website into the OneBox at the top of the screen.
Setting Up Device Restrictions
- Launch the iOS Settings app from the Home screen.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down and tap Restrictions.
- Tap Enable Restrictions.
Choose a passcode for the Restrictions.
WRITE DOWN THE PASSCODE YOU CHOOSE.
This is an Apple setting. WebProtectMe cannot reset it for you if you lose it.
IF YOU LOSE THIS PASSCODE YOU WILL HAVE TO FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICE.
- Toggle Safari to off. This will hide Safari on the device so it can't be used to bypass Safe Browser.
- Scroll down to Installing Apps and toggle it off. This will prevent installation of new apps that could bypass Safe Browser and will hide the App Store on the device.
Scroll down to Allowed Content and set the age limits for:
- Music, Podcast & News: Turn off Explicit
- Movies: Turn off R and NC-17 (and PG-13 if desired).
- TV Shows: Turn off TV-MA (and TV-14 if desired).
- Books: Turn off Explicit Sexual Content
- Siri: Turn off Explicit Language
- Websites: Leave set to All. With Safari disabled, Safe Browser will do the filtering and this setting can interfere with Safe Browser if not set to All.
You're all done! Safe Browser is installed and you've restricted apps that could bypass Safe Browser's protection.
You can now customize WebProtectMe's filtering and protection settings to fit your family by tapping Customize Protection inside Protection Settings in Safe Browser, or by opening webprotectme.com/admin/protection from any browser.
If you have any questions, please let us know! You can reach us either through the in-app chat, or by emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org