The Google Play store is our preferred method of distributing betas. If you have the Google Play app on your device, please use the instructions here instead: Installing WebProtectMe for Android Betas (Google Play)
For Android-based devices like Amazon Kindles, that do not have the Google Play store, we use Crashlytics to distribute our beta software. Once you've been accepted into the beta program (and indicated you cannot use Google Play), you'll receive an e-mail from Crashlytics inviting you to register your device. Please tap Let Me In in that email to get started:
- You'll arrive at a website where you can download the Beta by Crashlytics app. This app manages installation and updates for WebProtectMe software during the beta program.
(You may need to allow 3rd party software on your Android device. To do this please open your Android Settings app and go to Security and enable Unknown Sources before continuing.)
- Tap Download to begin:
- Confirm you want to continue the download, if prompted:
- Tap Install when prompted by your Android device:
- After the installation completes, tap Open to launch the beta management app:
- Enter your name and tap Next:
- You'll see a list of the WebProtectMe beta apps you're testing. Tap the one you want to install:
- Tap Download to download and install (or update) the app.
- Android will ask you to confirm you'd like to install/update the app. Tap Install to begin installation.
- That's it! Tap Open to launch the app or you can also launch the app from your home screen.
IMPORTANT: You'll use the app named Beta anytime you need to update your WebProtectMe beta software to the last version. You can find the Beta app on your device by looking for the Crashlytics logo: