You've got Safe Browser™ set up to protect the people you care for...how do you help them stay accountable?
With WebProtectMe Guardian™ !
Guardian™ is a companion app to Safe Browser™ that helps you keep tabs on the web browsing of your family and accountability partners.
(monitoring is a part of WebProtectMe™ Premium)
On your iOS device, install Guardian from the App Store:
2. Sign In
Once Guardian is installed, launch the app and sign in with your WebProtectMe administrator username and password:
3. Enable Activity Tracking (if necessary)
We respect your privacy and understand not all Premium customers will want to have their browsing activity recorded. So we give you the control to turn Activity Tracking off for the household (webprotectme.com/admin/protection) or per-user (webprotectme.com/admin/people).
If Guardian detects that Activity Tracking is disabled on your household (or the specific user you're looking at), it will pop up a warning:
Simply tap Enable and Guardian will turn on Activity Tracking for your household, and any browsing from that point forward will be tracked.
Alternately, you can enable (or disable) Activity Tracking through the Protection tab of the Admin Console: webprotectme.com/admin/protection
4. Understanding the Dashboard
Guardian's Dashboard shows you a quick overview of how your users are doing.
You'll see a list of your users, with a status badge and a graph showing their activity levels over the last 24 hours (in 2 hour intervals) :
Let's zoom in on a user:
- Favorite User - Tapping the star will mark the user as a favorite and pin them to the top of your list (if you favorite multiple users, they will be sorted alphabetically).
- Status Badge - The status badge shows whether we think this user has had too many blocked pages and warrants closer attention.
- The problem indicator means we've blocked 3 or more pages for this user within the last 24 hours, and you may want to take a closer look.
- We've blocked less than 3 pages for the user within the last 24 hours.
- Activity Graph - The activity graph shows the number of pages browsed for each 2-hour interval over the last 24 hours. The higher the bar, the more pages that were browsed.
- Red bars mean at least one page was blocked.
- Green bars mean no pages were blocked.
You can also force Guardian to download the latest activity data by pulling down on the user list:
(normally Guardian downloads new data every 5 minutes)
Then just tap on a user to see their full browsing activity:
5. Heads-Up Summary for User's Activity
The Browsing Activity graph shows the number of pages browsed by the user each hour:
Red bars mean at least one page was blocked during that hour. The legend at the bottom shows the hour with a daytime ☀️ vs. nighttime 🌘 indicator (adjusted to your timezone).
(If you tap on a bar, the activity list at the bottom will scroll to that hour.)
Top Blocked Sites shows the top (up to 5) domains that were blocked within the last 24 hours for this user:
Top Categories Visited shows the top (up to 5) types of websites this user has browsed in the last 24 hours:
6. Drilling into Problems
The browsing activity list is where you can see the detailed history of websites this user has visited:
- URL - URL for the website visited.
- Visit Date - Date and time the site was visited (in the timezone of the Guardian device)
- Search Terms - If the site visited was supported search engine, these indicate the search query the user submitted.
- Category - The type of website that was visited.
- Response Action - What action WebProtectMe™ took for this site.
- Blocked - Site was blocked because it violated the protection settings (blocked categories, blacklist, etc.).
- Allowed - Site was allowed because it did not violate the protection settings.
- Whitelisted - Site was allowed because it explicitly matched a whitelist rule. Whitelisting overrides blocking for any other reason.
If you find an event you'd like to see in a little more detail, just tap on the event and you'll get the detail view (or hard press if you have 3D Touch to get a quick web preview of the site):
- URL - Hard press (or long press on non-3D Touch deices) to show the URL in a web preview, copy the URL, or share the URL.
- Thumbs Up - Tap to whitelist the URL or domain.
- Thumbs Down - Tap to blacklist the URL or domain.
7. Searching & Filtering for Specific Sites
Pull down on the browse activity list and you'll expose the search and filter interface:
- All - (default) Show all entries regardless of their status.
- Allowed - Show only entries for websites that were allowed.
- Blocked - Show only entries for websites that were blocked.
- Search Terms - Enter text to show only entries whose URLs contain parts matching your search terms.