Let's show you how to configure an iOS 11 device so that Safe Browser is the only web browser on the device.
Launch the iOS Settings app from the Home screen:
Tap the General section:
Scroll down and tap Restrictions:
Tap Enable Restrictions:
Choose a passcode for the Restrictions:
WRITE DOWN THE PASSCODE YOU CHOOSE.
This is an Apple setting. WebProtectMe cannot reset it for you if you lose it.
IF YOU LOSE THIS PASSCODE YOU WILL HAVE TO FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICE.
Toggle Safari to off:
- Safari - Hide Safari on the device so it can't be used to bypass Safe Browser. When Safari is disabled, http and https links in e-mails will no longer respond to taps. This is related to how restrictions work on iOS, and is not a limitation of Safe Browser.
Scroll down to Installing Apps and toggle it off:
- Installing Apps - Prevent installation of new apps and hide the App Store on the device. This will prevent the installation of apps that could bypass Safe Browser.
Scroll down to Allowed Content and set the age limits for:
- Music, Podcast & News: Turn off Explicit
- Movies: Turn off R and NC-17 (and PG-13 if desired).
- TV Shows: Turn off TV-MA (and TV-14 if desired).
- Books: Turn off Explicit Sexual Content
- Siri: Turn off Explicit Language
- Websites: Leave set to All. With Safari disabled, Safe Browser will do the filtering and this setting can interfere with Safe Browser if not set to All.
You're done! Just tap General to exit out of Restrictions.