As anyone who loves baking knows, baking is a precise and detailed kitchen art.
While in cooking, you can taste test the food, add more salt or decide to go in a more savory direction…baking is not so forgiving. Exact measurements are required, time and patience is needed, and the time for baking must be on point or you end up with either mush…or a cracker.
If you don’t know what you are putting into your batter…you aren’t going to know what it’s going to turn into!
The same can be said for the amount of time kids spend on their mobile devices…
and the same can be said especially for the content our kids see!
According to ParentsTV.org (http://w2.parentstv.org/main/Research/Facts.aspx )
“ - A new study in the Journal of Pediatrics says the average eight year old child spends eight hours a day on media. A teen typically more than 11 hours of media a day
- In 2011, 36% of teens had a smartphone. In 2014, it grew to 79%.
- 13 to 17 year olds send an average of 3,300 texts per month.
- Nearly 43% of kids have been bullied online. 1 in 4 say it has happened more than once
- Only 1 in 10 kids report bullying to their parents
- More than 58% of children surveyed (ages 14 -17) report having seen a pornographic site on the Internet or on their phone.
- 50% of teens (aged 3-18) frequently communicate online with someone they've never met in person
- 37% have received a link to sexually explicit content“
When the percentages of online experiences are this high, it is time for parents to step in and make a difference.
Using WebProtectMe on mobile devices and tablets will help parents have better control over the appropriate and particularly inappropriate content that their kids see online.
Blocking key words is a good first step in filtering online content on our devices…
What is even more frightening is not knowing what to filter in the first place.
WebProtectMe provides an easy to use interface that enables you to block custom sites to meet your specific needs, whether it is inappropriate adult content or other behavioral issues your family is facing.
With the speed in which the internet moves, it is nearly impossible to keep up with the trends, keywords and hashtags that are being created on an hour-by-hour basis.
WebProtectMe Safe Browser helps families keep the online content consistent and safe for everyone in the home!
WebProtectMe has built in filters for both dangerous and inappropriate subjects. So while you are taking care of your children in real life, we are busy protecting them online!